John G. Roman, Jr. | CISSP
John is the Chief Information Officer of The Bonadio Group as well as the Chief Operating Officer of the cybersecurity firm FoxPointe Solutions. As CIO, he is responsible for managing a national, multi-million-dollar firm-wide enterprise class information technology department. For FoxPointe Solutions, he is responsible for all aspects of the operations of a national cybersecurity consultancy.
- IT Management
- Security Awareness
What do you focus on?
I currently focus on all aspects of the firm’s information technology—including management, operations, security and strategic planning. I also focus on assisting our FoxPointe Solutions clients with strengthening their overall information security postures at both organizational and departmental levels.
Information Technology Strategy
Working with Bonadio management, I lead the firm’s information technology strategy in terms of high availability, information security, employee productivity, and client collaboration.
Information Technology Management
I am currently responsible for the firm’s 99.99% uptime of information technology for 725-users including two redundant data centers and over thirty employees.
I am the firm’s primary focal point for the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information systems, employee, and client data. My role is ensuring the firm has the appropriate, policies, procedures, and controls to mitigate the risks associated with cyber threats.
As the Chief Operating Officer, I manage the day to day business operations of the firm’s cybersecurity consultancy that focuses on assisting our clients with compliance/attestation, IT audits, and penetration testing.
Articles on professional services management, e-discovery, and security in:
- “9 Tips to Safely Use Cloud Storage,” Law Technology News, May 29, 2014
- “Panic Panacea: Bring E-Discovery Inside Your Law Firm,” Law Technology News, September 11, 2013
- “SPEED ZONE; SSD may be a faster and safer storage option, but it comes at a price,” Law Technology News, February 2012
- “Virtual Machines are Great — If Properly Secured,” Law Technology News, September 2010
- “An IT Inventory to Meet Your EDD Needs,” Law Technology News, February 2009
- “Disaster Recovery — Leverage Budgets,” Law Technology News, February 2008
- “Tips for Selling Your Firm’s EDD Capabilities,” Litigation Support Today, August/September 2007
Presentations on network computing and productivity, information technology/data security, and e-discovery issues at:
- The Technology Executive Network, The Rochester Security Summit, and ILTA on various electronic discovery and information/data security topics
- NYS Chief Justice’s Panel on Technology
- eDiscovery Series, Monroe County Bar Association, 2011, 2012, 2015
- “Dispelling Electronic Discovery Myths,” Association of Litigation Support Professionals (ALSP)
- “Predicting the Costs of e-Discovery Through Planning,” International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- “How Secure is your Client Data?”, ALM Legal Tech Conference
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2)
- Numerous achievement awards, including three Xerox President’s Club Awards
- Gold Award for editorial excellence from the American Society of Business Publication Editors
- Vice Chairman of the Board, Literacy Rochester
- Editorial Advisory Board, Law Technology News
- Member of NYS Chief Justice’s Task Force on Technology